Saturday 29 June 2013

Wonder product: Eight Hour Cream

There's always one product that beauty bloggers and make-up artists claim is their 'desert island item'. It's the one that they absolutely cannot live without and if they were forced to chose only one thing to use if stranded, that'd be it.. Mine is, and has been for many years now, the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream.


I don't know about you guys, but I'm a big fan of multipurpose products, and so this one is perfect for me. The Eight Hour Cream has a number of different uses, including:

1. Skin Saver – Protect skin from drying wind, central heating and air-conditioning. This skincare multi-tasker soothes, restores, calms and helps relieve minor skin irritations including roughness, redness, chapped, cracked or dry skin.
2. After-sun Soother – With its legendary soothing and moisturising benefits, it’s the ideal after-sun treatment to relieve minor sunburn and calm dry, irritated sun-exposed skin.
3. Shine Factor – Found in top makeup artists’ kits worldwide, this all-in-one beauty tool adds shine to eyelids, cheeks, lips and legs.
4. Eye Opener – All it takes is a dab to smooth eyebrows and create a perfectly defined arch that will stay in place all day.
5. Cuticle Conditioner – Soften rough, dry cuticles to keep them smooth, supple and beautifully manicured.
6. Treat for Feet – Smooth rough heels and soften soles for barefoot beauty in every season.
7. Flight Tool – Flying can leave skin looking and feeling dry and uncomfortable. Take along this intensive hydrator to boost skin’s in-flight moisture level wherever you go.
8. Leg wear – Calm irritation, reduce redness after shaving or waxing to leave legs super smooth and silky soft.
I am constantly applying and reapplying the cream (which is almost like a gel in texture), and use it mostly as a lip balm. It's amazingly moisturising and really soothes any irritation I have. I also like to use it as a deep moisturiser when I wax / shave / pluck - particularly on my 'brows. I find I am left with a lot of redness when perfecting my arches, and the Eight Hour Cream brings down the colour dramatically and soothes the irritation in only a short time. 

I love the medicinal-y smell that the product has. It's a strange one and not liked by everyone, but you can also buy a fragrance free version so the brand really caters for everyone. Elizabeth Arden actually offers a range of different products in the Eight Hour Cream range - I own the Skin Protectant (50ml tube) and the Lip Protectant Stick. I normally keep the tube in with my products at home and whack the Lip Stick in my bag for on the go emergencies. Despite being a product marketed at use on lips, I use it as I would the original tube version. It still does the same job just as well, and it includes SPF 15 too!



Have you tried the Eight Hour Cream? Can you recommend any other products from the range? What's the best multipurpose product that you've found?

Buy Eight Hour Cream here!

Vic xx

Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment