Sunday 16 June 2013

OOTD: Father's Day brunch

Today's the day to celebrate all our fantastic Dads, and I decided to treat mine to brunch. We went to our favourite brekkie venue in Southend, Ocean Beach, for a Full English and cappuccinos and took Mum along too. The restaurant is a great little joint situated right on the beach, where you can look out over the Thames Estuary. It's the kind of place that's perfect for all occasions - breakfast is amazing, there's a great lunch and dinner menu and you can just head there for drinks if you want. I held my 21st birthday party there, and it really was an evening to remember..

It's not particularly warm today in Essex, in fact it's a little cold - strange weather for June in the UK. but then again we never seem to have a summer anymore.. - so I decided to dress casually but cosy. My outfit of the day comes courtesy of Primark (faux-fur gilet and black skinny jeans), New Look (grey 3/4 length sleeve jumper) and Kurt Geiger (wedge trainers).





I love wedge trainers at the moment for casual wear. As I'm so short, I love to wear heels as often as I can to give me a bit more height, but find so often that my feet are in so much pain after not at all long! These style of sneakers include a great concealed wedge, so they look just like normal high tops but still give the height that I'm after. Added to that, they're super-comfy too so I can wear them for hours without feeling like I need to bug my boyfriend for a long foot massage at the end of the day.

The black skinny jeans and grey jumper is a really low-effort look, but paired with the faux-fur gilet it looks a little more dressed up. To finish my OOTD off, I wore my Ray Ban RB5228 specs, scraped my hair into a high-pony and paired minimal make up with a bright orange lip to add a bit of colour into an otherwise more monochrome look.

Happy Father's Day to my amazing Dad. I love you millions!! Happy Father's Day to all your Dads too :)


Buy my OOTD!

Faux Fur gilet - Primark (mine is quite old and I don't think they sell them right now, but you could try Asos for this great Mango find)
Jeans - Primark (around £11)
Jumper - New Look £14.99
Lazer wedge trainers - Kurt Geiger £110
Ray Ban RB5228 optical frames - Ray Ban (price dependant on lenses etc. Contact your local optician for details.)

Vic xx

Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment